Simont Enterprises Global Terms and Conditions
September 7, 2011
Terms and Conditions of Website Use
INFORMATION ABOUT US
Simont Enterprises is a Limited Liability Corporation registered in the State of Delaware, United States of America.
ACCESSING OUR WEBSITE
Access to our Website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw, amend, suspend or terminate indefinitely the service we provide on our Website without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason our Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our Website through your Internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All intellectual property and database rights, in our Website, and in the materials published on it, including but not limited to trademarks, designs, logos, text, images, audio and video materials, look and feel and software (including code, interface and Website structure) (“Materials”) are owned by us, our subsidiaries, affiliates companies and/or any of our partners (“the Owners”). The Materials are protected by intellectual property laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. You may not remove any copyright or other proprietary notices from any Materials on our Website.
We reserve the right to copy protect any of the Materials on our Website. Except as provided in these terms and conditions, the use of this Website does not grant you any rights, title, interest or license to any Materials you may access on this Website Provided that you are located in a country or other territory where the consumption of alcoholic beverages is permitted AND you are of a legal age to consume alcoholic beverages in the country or other territory in which you are located, you may print a reasonable number of hard copies, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Website for your lawful, personal, non-commercial use. Unless otherwise specifically authorized by us (by way of example only, explicit instructions such as “Click Here to Enlarge this Image”) you must not modify the paper or digital copies of any Materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text or proprietary notice. All other copying (whether in electronic, hard copy or other format) reproduction, transmission, public performance, distribution, commercial exploitation, adaptation, translation, modification, bundling, merging, sharing or making available to any person, or creation of any derivative works of our Website or the Materials on our Website is prohibited and may breach intellectual property laws and other laws worldwide.
The status of the relevant Owners (and that of any identified contributors) as the holders of rights in the Materials on our Website must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the Materials on our Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a license to do so from us and/or, where applicable, from the relevant Owner.
You may use our Website only for lawful purposes and we reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate your use of the Website. You may not use our Website:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any Material which does not comply with our content standards below.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware (“Malicious Code”).
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our Website including, without limitation, chat rooms and forums, bulletin boards, music mix rooms, image upload features, interactive drinks functionality and interactive club/bar finder. Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will make reasonable efforts to assess any possible risks for users from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our Website, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks.
However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our Website, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not. Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
UPLOADING MATERIAL TO OUR WEBSITE
Any material you upload to our Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and unless otherwise agreed in writing between us, we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material in whole or in part for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy. You waive any moral rights in respect of any material you upload to our Website.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our Website.
We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our Website if, in our sole opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards below.
Any and all material which you contribute to our Website must comply with the spirit of the following content standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
Your contributions must:
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK, the US and in any country from which they are posted.
Your contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Contain sexually explicit material.
- Harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way.
- Encourage, condone, promote or glamorize under-age, excessive or irresponsible consumption of alcoholic beverages or drink driving.
- Be targeted at an under legal drinking age audience.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right, trademark or other proprietary right of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal or immoral activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
This list only serves to provide examples and is not meant to be an exhaustive list of the types of unacceptable uses that may result in the restriction, suspension or termination of your use of our Website.
RELIANCE ON INFORMATION POSTED
Commentary and other materials posted on our Website are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
OUR WEBSITE CHANGES REGULARLY
We aim to update our Website regularly, and may change the content at any time. Any of the material on our Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
THE MATERIAL DISPLAYED ON OUR WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY GUARANTEES, CONDITIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO ITS ACCURACY. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE AND ALL OTHER MEMBERS OF THE BACARDI GROUP OF COMPANIES AND OUR AFFILIATES (SIMONT ENTERPRISES, LLC) HEREBY EXPRESSLY EXCLUDE:
- ALL CONDITIONS, WARRANTIES AND OTHER TERMS WHICH MIGHT OTHERWISE BE IMPLIED BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW OR THE LAW OF EQUITY.
- ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE INCURRED BY ANY USER IN CONNECTION WITH OUR WEBSITE OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR RESULTS OF THE USE OF OUR WEBSITE, ANY WEBWEBSITES LINKED TO IT AND ANY MATERIALS POSTED ON IT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LIABILITY FOR: LOSS OF INCOME OR REVENUE, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF PROFITS OR CONTRACTS, LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, WASTED MANAGEMENT OR OFFICE TIME, AND FOR ANY OTHER LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND, HOWEVER ARISING AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY OR DAMAGES, SIMONT ENTERPRISES’ LIABILITY IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR VISITS TO OUR WEBSITE
MALICIOUS CODE, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENSES
You must not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing any Malicious Code. You must not attempt to gain unauthorized access to our Website, the server on which our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
We will report any such activity by you to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack or Malicious Code that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any Website linked to it.
LINKING TO OUR WEBSITE
You must not establish a link from any Website to any page in our Website or frame our Website on any other Website. Unless otherwise authorized in writing by us, you may not suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement of any Website on our part.
If you wish to make any use of Material on our Website other than that set out above, please address your request to: email@example.com
LINKS FROM OUR WEBSITE
Where our Website contains links to other Websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those Websites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
To the extent you are located in the U.S., these Terms and Conditions are governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, excluding its conflicts of law rules, and any dispute arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions or your access or use of this Website will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of San Francisco in the State of California, and you hereby submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts. Except as provided above, (i) the English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our Website although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these Terms and Conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country and (ii) these Terms and Conditions are governed by English law.
If you have any concerns about material that appears on our Website, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.